This week’s task is a search in the Social Security Death Index for Orpha Allen, a great-grandmother of mine.
Here’s what I currently know about her from linking with the data already present in FamilySearch. I am using that data as a hint until I find the sources that prove that information.
- Born 3 August 1890 in New Florence, Montgomery, Missouri
- Married before 12 July 1917 (my grandmother’s birthdate)
- Died 28 April 1964 in New Florence, Montgomery, Missouri
In my search, I looked at both Ancestry.com and FamilySearch’s SSDI. She was not found in either database. This would be useful as a secondary source pointing to her date of birth.
In the process, I went ahead and linked in the information that FamilySearch had on her parents, Edward L. Allen and Magnolia Elrod.
- Continue searching for records for Orpha Allen
- Prove that Edward Allen and Magnolia Elrod are Orpha’s parents.
This task was unsuccessful. But we did add information about Orpha’s parents to the system.